Welcome to Investigation Discovery’s latest podcast, What The Crime?! Each week we will be exploring a different bizarre crime phenomenon. Subscribe to our weekly podcast series on iTunes to get the full story about the weirder, wilder and more obscure side of crime.
In our debut episode, “Really, Florida?”, we examine what exactly makes the Sunshine State a hotbed for wacky, criminal activity.
Is it the heat or the transplant effect? Or maybe the widespread fraud and notorious government corruption? How about the state’s penchant for testing new and extremely dangerous drugs (see Flakka)? Could the widening income disparity across the state be a factor? Perhaps the “Spring Break Phenomena” has taken over the entire peninsula? Reddit also has a few very interesting theories.
Read more about the stories featured on this week’s episode…and a few others we couldn’t resist sharing:
- Florida Man Who Had Year-Long Sexual Relationship With A Dolphin Claims The Animal “Seduced Him”
- The Woman With Three Boobs Has Now Been Arrested For A Second Time
- Man Vandalizes Girlfriend’s Car Because She Had A Psychic Dream That He Would Have Strap-On Sex With His Dead Grandmother
- Florida Man Attacked With Garden Gnome During Dispute
- Edward Cocaine The Druggie & 9 Other Criminals With The Most Ironic Names Ever
- Meet Crystal Metheney, The Most Unfortunately Named Criminal In All Of Florida
- Flakka Is Coming: 5 Things You Should Know About Florida’s Frightening New Drug Of Choice
- Florida Couple Ignores Police Standoff To Have Sex ‘One Last Time’
- Florida Woman Kicks Detainee In The Face For Farting In Her Direction
- Florida Charmer Calls 911 To Flirt With Dispatcher, Brag About Muscles
Get non-stop Florida fun from the infamous Florida Man Twitter handle.