3-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized After Swallowing Thumbtack At Florida Daycare

A 3-year-old girl was hospitalized after she reportedly swallowed a thumbtack while at an Ocala, Florida daycare.

Police told WTSP that the girl remained at a local hospital in serious condition. On Monday morning, officers were called to the Kingdom Christian Academy, where the girl was found gasping for air and bleeding from the mouth.

Prior to police arrival on the scene, daycare workers attempted to perform CPR. However, there was so much blood that it was difficult to see if something was blocking her airway, according to Inquisitir.

Related: Pageant Mom Forces Daughter To Swallow Tapeworm Eggs To Lose Weight

Rushed to a nearby hospital, paramedics put a breathing tube down the girl’s throat. However, a physician later found the thumbtack in her throat. From there, they cleared her airway and she was then flown to a Gainesville hospital where she remains in serious condition, according to Ocala.

FOX Orlando reported that the Department of Children and Families is investigating the incident.

Read more:








Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *