5-Year-Old Louisiana Girl Saves Blind Grandmother, Family Dog From Burning Home

A fire safety class allowed a brave 5-year-old Louisiana girl to get herself and her blind grandmother safely out of a burning home.

After a stove caused a blaze in their Kenner home, Cloe Woods heard the smoke detector, alerted her grandmother, and got them both to safety, along with the family pet. “She told my mom to hold her shoulder and that they had to get out of the house,” Wood’s mom, Shone Arceneaux, told WWL-TV.

Once they were safely out the home, the 5-year-old went door to door telling neighbors to call 911. When Arceneaux, who was not home at the time, returned from dropping off kids at a car-pool stop, Woods “said the house is on fire, so I jump out of the car and said ‘What?'” Arceneaux told the station.

Related: 5-Year-Old Who Saved Family From House Fire Treated To Shopping Spree

Thanks to a firehouse field trip with class, the pre-kindergartner knew just what to do. “All the schools come to the fire house, we show them around, give them a safety talk,” Kenner Fire Department District Chief Patrick Ardeneaux told CNN.“It just happened to stick with this one little girl.”

Following the fire, a GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family “recover from the loss of their home and personal possessions.”

Photo:

GoFundMe

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *