Michael Jones Pleads Guilty To Killing 7-Year-Old Son, Feeding Body To Pigs

Michael Jones [Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Office]

KANSAS CITY, MO — A Kansas City man has pleaded guilty to an unimaginable horror: killing his 7-year-old son after starving him over a prolonged period of time, and then feeding his body to pigs.

Michael A. Jones, 46, pleaded guilty on Friday to one count of first-degree murder in connection with the death of his son, Adrian Jones, whose remains were found in a barn at a property rented by Jones and his wife, according to The Kansas City Star.

Related: Father Suspected Of Beating 7-Year-Old Son To Death, Feeding Body To Pigs

The boy’s stepmother, Heather Jones, 31, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and child abuse in November, and was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Judy Conway, the boy’s grandmother, told the newspaper she had been prepped to testify in the trial, but was “relieved” to learn of the guilty plea. “It makes me pretty happy,” she told the newspaper. “I’m relieved that [Jones] and Heather [Jones] will hopefully be behind bars for the rest of their life. It won’t bring Adrian back, of course, but it makes me feel really good that neither one can hurt another child again.”

Chief Deputy District Attorney Sheryl Lidtke described Adrian Jones as a curious, energetic boy who “was cute as a button” and said the abuse he endured was the worst she had seen in her nearly three decades as a prosecutor. Lidtke said Adrian was basically “starved to death” and died sometime between September 18 and October 4, 2015. At Heather Jones’ sentencing, Lidtke said, “He was horribly abused, neglected, and ultimately killed. I’m sure his suffering was unbearable.”

Related: Fed To Alligators? The Shocking Spring Break Story Of Brittanee Drexel

But his remains were not found by police until a month later. When authorities arrested Michael Jones for charges stemming from a domestic disturbance, investigators discovered that no one had seen Adrian for months. A search warrant was then executed on the property, and, on Thanksgiving Day, human remains were found. They were later identified as Adrian’s through DNA testing.

Jones will face a sentence of life with no chance of parole for 25 years when he is sentenced in May.

Read more:

New York Post 

Kansas City Star

Main photo: Michael Jones [Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Office]



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *